Here’s everything I spent money on this month! Note, this looks different from last month’s post. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to show this.
- Gas & Fuel: $103 – Slightly more than budget, but not by much. I came in under budget last month, so I’m still on track for the year.
- Mobile phone: $35 – I use Cricket which includes all taxes and fees.
- TV + Internet: $91 – This includes internet and Netflix & Hulu subscriptions.
- Entertainment: $30 – Movie, popcorn, and drinks for 2.
- Food & Dining: $177 – this is the overall category and includes spending on lunch, groceries, and any other dining out that I do. This is much better than last month.
- Home: $0
- Personal Care: $4 – I bought some lipstick by The Lip Bar from Target using the two gift cards I had last month. Their liquid matte is everything – I got Savage if you’re curious.
- Travel: $0
- Shopping: $75 – I bought some household items (paper towels, cleaner, etc.), a hat, and a couple of magazines (more on that later)
- I didn’t spent anything on gifts/donations or pets this month.
- Health & Fitness: $20 – I paid bill from the dentist.
- Everything Else: $90 – Nice! I bought a demo table for a promotion since mine mysteriously disappeared…some stuff for the blog, and a paid a few dollars in fees from my HSA.
Overall, I spent $628 this month. That’s unusually low, but maybe it’s because February is the shortest month of the year.
What’s not included here?
- I put $2,000 towards my student loan balance and added $346 to my HSA.
- I added $3,000 to my IRA to try to max it out by the tax filing deadline.
- A couple of vending machine transactions.
In other News…
My side gig got me in a magazine! Actually, two magazines (that I know of)! I signed up with an agency to do promotions and have since gotten a couple of unexpected modeling jobs through them. You can catch me in the U by Kotex ad in the March issues of both Seventeen and Essence magazines. 😀
That’s all I have for February! How did you do on your February budget?