Here’s everything I spent money on in March! I know this is late but April has been a super busy month. The chart below also comes from Mint, my primary budgeting tool . You can find this view in the Trends tab and select spending by category for the time period you’d like to review.
- Food & Dining: $237.29 – Much more than last month, but this includes a fancy belated Valentine’s Day dinner that I promised Josh that cost $120 for the both of us. He loved it! 🙂 This was a very rare splurge.
- Travel: $215.96 – $200 cash that was ultimately spent during a work trip to Vegas in early April (on non-work related things). I also got a sweet deal on Expedia for a ride on the Linq observation wheel, dinner at Off the Strip restaurant, and entrance into Madame Tussauds Wax Museum for only $15.95. Win!
- Health & Fitness: $200 – I started going to a personal trainer who offers a $10 class – I prepaid for 20 classes after attending my first.
- Shopping: $139.44 – I bought and outfit and had some tailoring done. I also purchased a hat and sweater that I’ve had my eye on for a while, both second hand. This also includes a few miscellaneous things from Amazon.
- Bills & Utilities:
- Mobile phone: $35.00 – I use Cricket which includes all taxes and fees.
- TV + Internet: $91.00 – This includes internet (that comes with basic channels & HBO) and Netflix & Hulu subscriptions.
- Auto & Transport: $108.93 – $107.93 is for gas and I paid $1.00 for parking somewhere.
- Fees & Charges: $62.00 – HSA fees and a balance transfer fee.
- Home: $27.52 on kitchen gadgets
- Business Services: $25.00 – on a stock photo subscription for the blog.
- Entertainment: $20.33 – went to see Beauty & the Beast with some friends, plus theater snacks.
- Personal Care: $6.00 on some things from Target
Overall, I spent $1,168.27 this month, which is about what I spend in a typical month.
What’s not included here?
- I put $2,000 towards my student loan balance and added $231 to my HSA.
- I added $2,500 to my IRA to try to max it out by the tax filing deadline. Check!
- A couple of vending machine transactions.
That’s all I have for March! How did you do on your March budget?